pages

Monday, September 15, 2008

Spring or Fall: A New Unschool Year Begins

As it is the beginning of our unschool year we will be doing all sorts of fun new stuff. We are continuing letterboxing, flat traveling, visiting John Day Fossil Beds, being actively involved in COOL--our local unschooling group, learning to draw with the Monart system, researching our family tree, completing some of our science kits and keeping a lab book on them, volunteering at the High Desert Museum with the birds of prey, learning to play either the bag pipes(Sam first choice) or Guitar(a backup) and learning babysitting basics so Sam can save for a Mustang. He's only 12 but he's determined that his first car will be a 65 Mustang Fastback so he's going to start earning $$ by babysitting his niece.
I am also beginning many new endeavors on my own. I am taking some classes at the community college, blogging & making crafts to sell at a Christmas craft show. I'll also be making diapers for my latest grandson whom we expect Nov. 13.
With all of these new beginnings it feels more like Spring than Autumn. That's okay though, I take my joy wherever I find it.
Watch for our flat traveler posts!!

No comments: